Monday 23 August 2010

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside...

On Sunday we were the beneficiaries of a beautiful summer's day so we took a trip to the seaside and had a walk along the beach, and I had a paddle in the sea.

The lighthouse above is now a holiday cottage and I would love to stay there, as the views out to sea must be amazing. The picture also shows the beautiful layers of red chalk limestone and white chalk making up the cliffs. This area of beach is fairly quiet and my favourite part of the coastal resort, as further along comes the new town with the arcades, fish and chip shops, tacky souvenir shops (which I secretly love) and donkey rides.

At this end you have one shop/cafe and a pitch and putt golf course and that's about your lot. For me, it's a dream afternoon... a 99 (ice cream) and a wander across the lovely sandy beach to the sea, having a paddle, and staring out to sea.