Wednesday 30 June 2010

I can already taste the pie

This is a picture of the pumpkins I am growing in my garden – I don’t really have ‘green fingers’ and as you can see there are still some weeds around the pumpkins, but they grow so fast they’ll soon block out the nasty weeds. This picture was taken a week or so ago and as it is so ridiculously hot (for England) at the moment they are growing like crazy. These plants have been grown from the seeds of the pumpkins I grew last year – what about that for self-sufficiency?! I love pumpkins. I grew loads of plants last year though and ended up giving everyone I knew a pumpkin and still having loads left which are chopped up in cubes in my freezer, waiting for me to be bothered to cook/bake. I love pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin curry and the katsu curry that they do at Wagamama is just delicious; that makes me want to go buy some panko breadcrumbs so I can make katsu curry for my tea. Yummy.